About Mr. Salahuddin Kasem Khan
Mr. Salahuddin Kasem Khan is third son of pioneer industrialist of Bangladesh, Late A. K. Khan (Abul Kasem Khan), who was the Member of Parliament from 1947–1962, former Federal Minister of Government of Pakistan (1958 – 1962).
Mr. S. K. Khan did his schooling from Aitchison College, Lahore, 1964; Graduated from the University of Punjab in 1968 and did Post Graduate in Legal Studies in London (1969–1972).
Mr.Khan was appointed as Honorary Consul General of the Republic of Turkey, Chittagong by the President of Turkey in 1984.
• Former Managing Director of A. K. Khan & Company Ltd.
• Chairman of Coats (Bangladesh) Ltd., a joint venture with Coats UK
• Chairman, A. K. Khan Jute Mills
• Chairman, CEAT Bangladesh Ltd.
• Vice Chairman of A. K. Khan Penfabric Company Ltd., A JV with Penfabric Malaysia of Malaysia and subsidiary of Toray, Japan
• Director of Bengal Fisheries Ltd., joint ventures with Nichiro & Maruha of Japan
• Former Chairman of AKTEL, Bangladesh
• Former Chairman of Bangladesh Textile Mills Association, BTMA
• Chairman of the First Bangladesh-Malaysia Business Forum, 2004, held in Dhaka, with the participation of former Prime Minister of Malaysia, H.E. Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, as key note speaker
• Immediate Past President of Bangladesh Employers’ Federation
• Immediate Past President of Bangladesh-Malaysia Chamber of Commerce & Industry(BMCCI)
• Founder-Director of the Chittagong Stock Exchange
• Member National Council for Industrial Development (NCID) headed by the President (1980-90)
• Member, Task Force on Industrial Policy, Minister of Planning, GOB(1990)
• Former Chairman of UCEP – Bangladesh Board of Governors and present Chairman, UCEP Chittagong Advisory Council, Chittagong
• Chairman, Chittagong Skills Development Centre (CSDC)
• Co-Chairman of the EC National Skills Development Council(NSDC)
• Member NSDC headed by the Prime Minister
• Vice Chairperson, IC Nazrul
• Trustee Secretary, A. K. Khan Foundation
• Vice Chairman, A. K. Khan – CRP Centre, Chittagong
• Founder Chairman, Forum of Consuls of Bangladesh
• Chairman of the private sector SEACO TASK FORCE BANGLADESH and Executive Chairman of the SEACO Foundation
• Member of the International Advisory Panel of the World Islamic Economic Forum(WIEF) Foundation, Kuala Lumpur whose patron is the Prime Minister of Malaysia
• Mr. Khan has recently been nominated to the Member Academic Council of the Madinah Institute for Leadership and Entrepreneurship (MILE), Medina, Saudi Arabia
• Mr. Khan holds a longstanding commitment to the gradual realization of the IFTA and an Islamic Common Market. The Formation of SEACO (South–East Asian Co-operation), under OIC Frame Work, which was endorsed by the 10th Islamic Summit, Qatar, 2000.